Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Garden Project Day 3

Here's some dirt that should actually host a nice garden. You can see the difference between the new stuff (delivered by none other than the best) and the old stuff. The dump truck was just over an inch too wide to be able to back through the gap between two fence posts, so he had to dump the dirt right there, and I had to move that dirt out of the parking lot and out of the way, because we're getting another load tomorrow (okay, another part load, as the bobcat operator where we got the dirt from couldn't reach any higher, so that's really only a quarter of a load you see there):


Today was a much longer day than yesterday. Yesterday we really only worked on the yard for a couple hours, but today we worked for closer to ten hours. Behold our progress:



You can see I moved that whole pile of dirt over - we'll be using a wheelbarrow to spread it through the whole garden, after we install the path and the surrounding 'walls'. Today we also built half the forms for the concrete we are pouring to make the path.



Tomorrow: concrete and bricks. I've never done any of this stuff before, so it should be a very informative day.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anacredenza is a screen name I made up back when I first joined a debate forum. At that time, I was just about finished figuring out what my beliefs are, and the name, which means 'renewed belief' reflects that. I cannot claim to know everything (not even remotely close!), but I'm now comfortable with what I believe, which I discovered were my deep, though covered-up, thoughts all along, and have therefore been renewed. I may be right, or I may be wrong, but at least now I'm being true to myself. After figuring this out, I went back and talked with people who hold beliefs that I used to share, to test my new (and old) thoughts on the matter. After several years of that, I am much more comfortable with what I believe. I don't care very much about what other people believe any more, as long as they don't use their beliefs to justify harming other people. That said, I care a great deal about how people come to their conclusions - thorough, critical thinking skills are important, and if more people just knew how to think, the whole world could be a much less hostile place.