Thursday, November 20, 2008

Renovations and LotRO

Okay, so I know I stopped updating this pretty much right after I started it, but for whatever reason, I couldn't access this page for a while, and then forgot about it altogether. See, I got rather occupied with a project:



I wish I could find my 'before' pics, for the sake of comparison.

"But Ana," you say, "surely that didn't take two years to do!"

It's true, it didn't take two years to do, but it did take longer than originally anticipated. We were fairly close to on schedule for the basement, but things slowed down significantly with the main floor. There were a lot of little things that kept slowing us down (such as three layers of wallpaper on the ceiling, some stuck on there with glues that are so old modern glue solvents don't work on them), and our money supply dwindled until we could no longer afford to pay for help. It turned into a drag instead of a fun project (at least, it did for me).

As we got nearer completion, I fell into Middle Earth via Lord of the Rings Online.




This is one of many beautiful sights to see in the Shire. That's my main character standing outside of the hobbit hole she used to call home. The game, with all its sights, its mostly very pleasant player base, its storyline and the gameplay itself have captivated me for a year now, and with the newly released expansion, Mines of Moria, offering over 500 new quests, new gameplay, new players, new player classes, new crafting, and many other new things, I think it's safe to say it will hold my attention for quite a long time to come, especially considering there was still so much for me to see and do before this expansion was released.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anacredenza is a screen name I made up back when I first joined a debate forum. At that time, I was just about finished figuring out what my beliefs are, and the name, which means 'renewed belief' reflects that. I cannot claim to know everything (not even remotely close!), but I'm now comfortable with what I believe, which I discovered were my deep, though covered-up, thoughts all along, and have therefore been renewed. I may be right, or I may be wrong, but at least now I'm being true to myself. After figuring this out, I went back and talked with people who hold beliefs that I used to share, to test my new (and old) thoughts on the matter. After several years of that, I am much more comfortable with what I believe. I don't care very much about what other people believe any more, as long as they don't use their beliefs to justify harming other people. That said, I care a great deal about how people come to their conclusions - thorough, critical thinking skills are important, and if more people just knew how to think, the whole world could be a much less hostile place.