Sunday, May 3, 2009

Garden Project Day 6

I had to take pictures this morning of Day 6's progress, since the boys were working into the night on this one. Day 6 was all about preparing the area for the brick work, and some actual brick laying too. Before that, though, we had to prepare the beds for the bricks, by digging a small trench and then filling up the trench to the right height with sand. We also had to prepare the irrigation system enough so that we could lay bricks over top of it:



The boys laid out all those bricks in the dark in a crazy wind storm:



When we were pouring the concrete, we had extra concrete that we put to use by making stepping stones. We poured the leftover concrete into some old drywall mud pails we had, and on Day 6 they were set, so we removed them from the buckets:



Onward to Day 7...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anacredenza is a screen name I made up back when I first joined a debate forum. At that time, I was just about finished figuring out what my beliefs are, and the name, which means 'renewed belief' reflects that. I cannot claim to know everything (not even remotely close!), but I'm now comfortable with what I believe, which I discovered were my deep, though covered-up, thoughts all along, and have therefore been renewed. I may be right, or I may be wrong, but at least now I'm being true to myself. After figuring this out, I went back and talked with people who hold beliefs that I used to share, to test my new (and old) thoughts on the matter. After several years of that, I am much more comfortable with what I believe. I don't care very much about what other people believe any more, as long as they don't use their beliefs to justify harming other people. That said, I care a great deal about how people come to their conclusions - thorough, critical thinking skills are important, and if more people just knew how to think, the whole world could be a much less hostile place.