Sunday, July 26, 2009

Road Trip Day 3

Day 3, we woke up in the Badlands National Park in South Dakota. This place is so incredible, mere words don't do it justice. Neither do these pictures, but they're pretty good nevertheless:





The top picture is a picture of the ladder stairs we climbed to get to the top of Notch Trail, which was a pretty neat, although short, hike. The view at the top is spectacular (the second pic). The third pic shows how vast an expanse these structures are, and it also shows the stripes of different colours, and how many layers there are.

After that, we went on our merry way, to Minnesota. The rest of South Dakota, along with most of Minnesota, was not nearly so captivating as the Badlands, and as such, I actually slept through large portions of both. We stayed in Albert Lea, MN, that night, in a hotel with a shower that had no tub - just a slight dip in the tile floor so the water wouldn't get everywhere. After cleaning up, we had dinner and saw a movie (The Hangover, which was pretty funny).

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anacredenza is a screen name I made up back when I first joined a debate forum. At that time, I was just about finished figuring out what my beliefs are, and the name, which means 'renewed belief' reflects that. I cannot claim to know everything (not even remotely close!), but I'm now comfortable with what I believe, which I discovered were my deep, though covered-up, thoughts all along, and have therefore been renewed. I may be right, or I may be wrong, but at least now I'm being true to myself. After figuring this out, I went back and talked with people who hold beliefs that I used to share, to test my new (and old) thoughts on the matter. After several years of that, I am much more comfortable with what I believe. I don't care very much about what other people believe any more, as long as they don't use their beliefs to justify harming other people. That said, I care a great deal about how people come to their conclusions - thorough, critical thinking skills are important, and if more people just knew how to think, the whole world could be a much less hostile place.